Gas powered lawn mowers and lawn equipment contribute to nearly 10% of the Denver area’s ozone pre-cursor emissions. By switching to an electric lawn mower, and electric lawn and garden tools, you can make a positive impact on our air quality and your health!
Just last year the Mow Down Pollution program was able to accomplish the following:
|OLD GASOLINE MOWERS RECYCLED|
|LBS OF POLLUTANTS REDUCED|
|DUMPSTERS FILLED WITH OLD GAS MOWERS|
The Mow Down Pollution – Lawn Mower Exchange program – can help you get rid of that grimy old gas powered lawn mower, and replace it with a brand new electric one! Wallet friendly pricing is available on two models of electric lawn mowers, and even DEEPER discounts are available if you bring an old gas powered lawn mower to recycle!
Excited? Great!! Just follow the steps below to register today!
- Register for an on-site event. Three will take place in the Denver Metro Area this year (2017)
- Decide if you have a gas powered mower to recycle:
a. If so, DRAIN ALL LIQUIDS BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE EVENT.
- Make sure your vehicle has room to accommodate your new electric mower. Mowers are boxed, and CANNOT be unboxed on site.
- Electric lawn and garden accessories will also be available for purchase, and ship directly to your residence.
- Arrive at chosen event, receive new electric mower, and celebrate!
(high-fives and fist-bumps are encouraged)
Recycled Oil & Gasoline
Once you’ve drained the liquids from your old gas powered mower, use one of the links below to help you properly dispose of the unwanted liquids.
BUDWEISER EVENT CENTER
Saturday April 29th
DICKS SPORTING GOOD PARK
Saturday May 6th
Saturday June 3rd
MOWERS AT A GLANCE
The following mowers will be available for purchase this year. For detailed specifications on each mower, click on the model pictures.